01 January 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Ok, so, I'll put these things out into the blogosphere so they will have to come true, right?

2007 resolutions

1.Blogging
Edit less, post more. Editing seems to be the thing that mainly interferes with my posting here. I don't want to post unless I can find the time to polish it, but then there never seems to be the time to polish it, so I end up not posting it. Besides, to borrow from a famous cartoon philosophical moment, "you can't polish a ____, B". Yeah, I said edit less. I grant myself license to be cryptic. If you don't know who 'B' is, or what a '____' is, it really doesn't matter. Suffice it to say, there are some things you just can't polish much. So, forgave me sum speling and gramatical and errors there and there, and i promsie I will most pore.

2.Biking
I more or less neglected to mention, I think, that in 2006 I covered over 1400 miles of ground, mostly with a mountain bike, at average speeds of more that 12 mph. Yeah, you may scoff at a mere 12mph, but let me re-iterate, on a mountain bike. That was clearly nuts, so we (my wife and I) decided to get road bikes. So here's New Year's resolution #2: to ride at least three times that far on the new road bike in 2007. Preferably in 50 and 100 mile chunks, interspersed with loads of 30s. (For those biking-aware that may read this, I should mention that early results with the new road bike are very promising. Average speed has jumped from the 12-13 domain to easily 16+, and that's while being excessively careful, taking it easy trying not to tip over on the shiny new bike)

3.Oblique Angles
In 2007, I resolve not to make any ODD resolutions.

4.Recursion
In 2007 I resolve to make at least four resolutions.

5.Health.
It probably wouldn't be a Big List of Resolutions without something along the lines of "lose X number of pounds" or "quit detrimental vice Y", etc. Toward that end I will say only this: by the end of 2007 I expect to be more fit than I was when I graduated college. If you knew how I spent my senior year of undergrad, and/or read resolution #2 above, you'd see this, too, is probably a readily achievable goal.

6.Fly More Radio Control
In 2006, I learned how to take off and fly my R/C plane. In 2007, I resolve to learn how to land it, myself even. (In case anyone's worried, it's now hanging safely in one piece in my basement, waiting for warmer weather, thanks to the sure guidance of more senior members of the r/c flying club)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home